Whether you are looking for buying an engagement ring tips, you are interested in purchasing gold bangle bracelets, or Jewelry houston Texas stores, here are a few facts that you need to know about jewelry.
1. Though many days you might think of jewelry when you hear the word gold, but gold is in fact used for quite a lot of other cool things. For instance, the visors of astronauts’ space helmets receive a coating of gold so thin that it is partially transparent. The astronauts are able to see through it, but even this thin layer reduces glare and heat from sunlight.
2. Did you know that, in the Aztec language, the name for gold is teocuitlatl roughly translates to excrement of the gods? Gold would probably not be very high on the list of buying an engagement ring tips if that is what we called it in English.
3. One of the first recorded uses of a diamond engagement ring was Archduke Maximilian of Austria’s proposal to Mary of Burgundy with a ring set with thin, flat pieces of diamonds in the shape of the letter M. Though this is often heralded as the start of the trend of diamond engagement rings, this ring was a far cry from the designer diamond engagement rings of today.
4. According to historians, in the second century BCE, a Roman bride would be given two rings. One of them would be a gold one which she wore in public, and one which was made of iron, which she could wear at home while doing house chores.
5. A wedding set, or bridal set, includes an engagement ring and a wedding band that matches and can be bought as a set. They are generally designed specifically so that they fit together and are comfortable to wear at the same time. More information like this: judithannjewels.com